The information below was sent out as an email to all members on 7th April 2020. It was pulled together by our Branch Welfare Officer, Paula Lawless. We hope it will be of assistance.
Further to the email we sent out earlier about enhanced support for City Council employees, we would like to draw your attention to further sources of support that are available to all, regardless of their employer. Please share with family, friends and anybody else who you feel may need them.
- The Launch Project: Doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 3192
- Salford Assist: People in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles: Offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154/ 07544371341
- The Tatton: Ordsall Café. Hold the bread and butter project. Family Shopping from £7 0161 872 6011
- Go Local Whit Lane: Offering basic living packages to the elderly of Whit Lane and surrounding area. A bottle of milk, bread, toilet roll and a bottle of water. Delivered for free. 07494522674
- Iceland Salford Precinct: Open for over 65’s 9-11 on a Wednesday
- Mustard Tree: Food Club Eccles and Little Hulton – Please continue to send any referrals through to firstname.lastname@example.org . All phone calls will be diverted to the Manchester Office for the time being.
Little Hulton Food Club is open Tues and Weds 10am – 2pm
Eccles is open Mon, Tues and Weds 10am – 2pm
- If you are down to £4 on your gas and electric pay and go. You can phone your provider and ask for a fuel voucher. You can do this twice a year and don’t have to pay it back. £40 credit will be given to you.
- If you can’t get baby formula, if you ring your local pharmacy they should be able to order you some. Or if you look on the back of the baby formula tin some have helpline numbers and they should be able to deliver some to you.